Wollondilly is a popular destination for visitors, yet the name is often unfamiliar until memories stir with the mention of more prominent features such as Razorback Range and Burragorang Valley or towns like Picton, Appin and Warragamba.
Wollondilly is surrounded by spectacular, natural beauty and rural pastures. Its 2,560 square kilometres stretch from Yanderra in the south, Appin and Menangle in the east, Warragamba in the north with the Nattai wilderness, Yerranderie and Burragorang Valley to the west.
Some features for visitors include:
- Nattai – home to the spectacular Burragorang Lookout. There are amazing views of Lake Burragorang which supplies water to Warragamba Dam – Sydney’s Drinking Water.
- The Oaks – home to the Wollondilly Heritage Centre and Museum located on Edward Street – open on weekends and public holidays.
- Thirlmere – Trainworks in Barbour Road showcases rail exhibits back to 1865 with Heritage train rides available most Sundays. Thirlmere Lakes – located a few minutes away from Trainworks – five connecting fresh water lakes. Picnic and toilet facilities available.
- Tahmoor – Mermaids Pool in Bargo Gorge is a wonderful spot for a bush walk to take in the tremendous scenery.
- Picton – home to the Wollondilly Visitor Information Centre – the town boasts a modern shopping centre and a vibrant main street with gift shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs. The Picton Walking Tour offers a chance to view a large number of heritage buildings, bridges and tunnels.
- Warragamba is located on the eastern edge of the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, approximately 90 minutes drive west of Sydney. The town was originally built from scratch during the construction of Warragamba Dam. Some of the features include access to Warragamba Dam, large picnic areas, swimming pool, off leash dog park, Warragamba Workers and Sporting Club and a short walk to the Warragamba shopping precinct.
Facilities in this Town:
- • Children's Playground
- • Dump Point
- • Public Toilets
- • Shopping Centre
Connect with this town
Local Information Centre:
Wollondilly Visitor Information Centre
Wollondilly Shire Hall
44-60 Menangle Street
Picton NSW 2571
Ph: (02) 4677 8313
Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm
Sat-Sun & Public Holidays 10am – 2pm