Bolgart

Western Australia

Located North of Toodyay, Bolgart was gazette in 1909. Settlement dates early as 1840’s when J. Scully took up land and first farm to be settled in the area near Bolgart. The town’s name is derived from the Aboriginal work ‘bullgert’ meaning magic swamp place.

The town is located near a spring and features the historic Bolgart Hotel built in 1916 and the Bolgart Bell Tower. This town is known for their wheat and sheep farming.

Facilities in this Town:

  • • ATM
  • • Bank
  • • BBQ
  • • Caravan Park
  • • Church
  • • Eateries
  • • Fuel Station
  • • Hotel
  • • Post Office
  • • Pub/Tavern
  • • Public Toilets

Connect with this town

Local Information Centre:

Shire of Victoria Plains
28 Cavell Street Calingiri
6569
Phone: (08) 9628 7004
Email: reception@victoriaplains.wa.gov.au
Website: http://www.victoriaplains.wa.gov.au/